Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Why Should You Choose SERVPRO?
Every day at SERVPRO we get asked by our customers: “Why SERVPRO?” We, of course, can give you statistics and show you our outstanding reviews from Google. But that just paints a picture of what we do – and how we do it. But to us, the answer of “Why SERVPRO” goes a bit deeper and we can find it in our staff.
Our staff is filled with amazing people, and each person brings unique qualities to our team. You’ll be hard pressed to find a day where someone isn’t laughing or telling some sort of story. We’re so much more than just a team, we’re a family here at SERVPRO of E. Fullerton / Placentia and we are proud of that fact. In the following blog posts we will be showcasing members of our family – letting you learn a little more about them, and why SERVPRO is the best team to handle your disaster.
We are IICRC Certified
The IICRC, or Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration, is the most trusted independent name in the restoration industry. They have developed industry-accepted standards, language, and terminology that enables the industry to communicate more effectively and make sure the correct procedures are being followed. SERVPRO ofE. Fullerton / Placentia has taken special classes and exams as part of our IICRC certification. This certification helps you rest assured that your damages and losses are being handled by some of the industry’s most dedicated professionals.
No matter the size of the loss, we always complete every single job to meet the IICRC’s lofty standards. Whether you live in Fullerton or Placentia or anywhere in the area, your job will be completed to the highest standards in the industry. When you are trying to protect your home or business from water damage or fire damage, you need to be sure that every step has been completed correctly. Call us today at 8714-525-0158 to see how our expert technicians can make any damage look “Like it never even happened.”
We Offer a Wide Variety of Services
SERVPRO of E. Fullerton / Placentia encompasses a large area that includes the cities of Fullerton and Placentia and the surrounding communities. We offer many different services to handle any problems that might arise on your property!
- Water Damage: Water damage is a common problem in homes and businesses, so we know exactly how to deal with it. From burst pipes to rain water and flooding, our team has seen it all! A fast response is critical to preventing further damage, so we pride ourselves on our ability to respond rapidly to water disasters. We use specialized equipment to extract the water and dry out the property.
- Fire Damage: Fires can be devastating, and they often leave homes and offices covered in a thick layer of soot. In addition to the soot and smoke, water damage is also common due to firefighting efforts. We know how stressful and traumatizing dealing with the aftermath of a fire is, so we are here to guide you through every step and give you peace of mind. We can remove soot from surfaces and get rid of the lingering smell of smoke. We can also use our Esporta machine to restore textiles and fabric such as your favorite shirts or your child’s favorite stuffed animal so that you can get your life back to normal as quickly as possible.
- Mold Remediation: Mold growth inside a home or office can be hazardous to those living or working inside of the building if it is not left treated. Mold is a tricky thing to get rid of, so you should leave treating the microbial growth to the professionals. Our technicians have been specially trained to get rid of mold and keep it from returning; we even have formulas that have been specifically created to treat the problem.
- Biohazard Cleanup: Substances such as blood, bile, urine, and other similar fluids can be extremely dangerous to clean up on your own, especially if you are not wearing the proper protective equipment. The technicians at SERVPRO of E. Fullerton / Placentia have the proper protective equipment and training to handle anything from crime scenes to kitchen accidents. Biohazard materials also need to be disposed of according to EPA and OSHA standards, or there is a risk f exposing others to harmful substances. Stay on the safe side and let us handle the mess for you.
Catastrophic Events: Hurricanes, tornadoes, winter storms, wildfires, and other large disasters cause millions of dollars in damage, and they are often too much for the SERVPROs in the local area to handle. SERVPRO of E. Fullerton / Placentia is a certified Large Loss Team, so we are part of a group that is able to travel to affected areas and assist communities in recovering and rebuilding after a large event. We have extra staff, vehicles, and equipment that allows us to handle over $100,000 in damages. Whenever disaster strikes, we are “Here to help.”
Five Pieces of PPE used in Remediation
Five Pieces of PPE used in Remediation
For a homeowner with a remediation project ,it’s important to know what safety equipment to wear when in the proximity of the contaminated space during the remediation process. Fortunately, your local SERVPRO of Fullerton remediation professionals can show you the tools and equipment they expect to use. Here are five things you may see, from face masks to shoe covers.
- Gloves-When working in areas of mold damage, gloves should be worn at all times. This will help prevent skin contact with the mold spores.
- Coveralls- These suits are worn over regular clothing and can be removed when leaving the contaminated area to prevent the spread of spores.
- Masks-Professionals will also often wear face masks when working with mold. This helps prevent breathing in spores, which can lead to some health issues.
- Goggles-Goggles are also commonly worn to help prevent mold spores, dust, and other debris from getting into the workers' eye.
- Shoe Covers-Shoe covers are also often utilized during mold remediation. Similar to coveralls, they are worn over the shoes while in the contaminated area and then removed when the worker leaves the area in order to prevent the spreading of spores.
There is little scarier than the threat of a fire to your home or business. Whether you consider the potential hazards it poses to your safety, or to the integrity of your property, a fire can create a panic. At SERVPRO of E. Fullerton Placentia, we are committed to restoring your home to pre-damage conditions in the case that a fire occurs. However, we want to also equip you with the knowledge necessary to ensure the safety of you, your family, and friends if a fire develops in a building you occupy.
If a Fire Starts:
- Know how to safely operate a fire extinguisher.
- Remember to get out, stay out, and call 911 or your local emergency phone number.
- Yell “Fire!” several times and go outside right away. If you live in a building with elevators, use the stairs. Leave all your things where they are and save yourself.
- If closed doors handles are warm or smoke blocks your primary escape route, use your second way out. Never open doors that are warm to the touch.
- If you must escape through smoke, get low and go under the smoke to your exit. Close all doors behind you.
- If smoke, heat, or flames block your exit routes, stay in the room with doors closed. Place a wet towel under the door and call the fire department or 911. Open a window and wave a brightly colored cloth or flashlight to signal for help.
- Once you are outside, go to your meeting place and then send one person to call the fire department. If you cannot get to your meeting place, follow your family emergency communication plan.
If Your Clothes Catch on Fire:
STOP what you are doing.
DROP to the ground and cover your face if possible.
ROLL over and over or back and forth until the flames go out.
THEN, once the flames are out, cool the burned skin with water for three to five minutes. Call for medical attention
Fires aren’t occurrences you can predict, but planning for the potential hazard can make all the difference in affecting the extent of damage to your property and the continued safety of those inside the building.
If a fire does occur, call SERVPRO of E. Fullerton Placentia. We remain dedicated to returning your home to its previous condition, “Like it never even happened.”
Electrical Safety After a Flood
Unlike in a fire or storm, the potential safety hazards associated with a flood are often less apparent. However, they are present nonetheless. Specifically, in regards to proper handling of electrical devices.
Because we all value our belongings, we may rush to handle electrical appliances, chords, or other devices without taking the necessary precautions to do so safely. In the case of a flood, please prioritize caution and refer to the guidelines listed below.
- Never step into a room where water is in contact with electrical outlets, appliances, or cords.
- If you must stand in water to do so, do not attempt to turn off power at the breaker. Furthermore, if you can’t reach the breaker box safely, call your electric utility to shut off power at the meter.
- When you’re wet or when you’re standing in water, never use electric appliances or touch electric wires, switches, or fuses.
- Keep electric tools and equipment at least 10 feet away from wet surfaces.
- If an electric appliance has been in contact with water, have a professional check it out before it is used. It may need to be repaired or replaced.
At SERVPRO of E. Fullerton Placentia, we are closely familiar with flooding protocols and the potential dangers associated with high-wading water inside commercial or residential properties. Therefore, we hope to provide you with the information necessary to approach similar situations safely and confidently.
Mold in Your Home?
SERVPRO Performs Mold Inspections and Remediation for Residents of Morro Bay to King City. Contact Us at the First Signs.
What causes mold in property?
When water enters a property or soaks through materials in your local home, it provides ample moisture to support mold growth. When we work on water loss sites, our priority is to dry wet materials because of mold's risk. Once fungi begin to grow in a property, it can spread quickly through porous and semi-porous building materials. For some homeowners, mold may seem to spring up without warning. This growth is often explainable through poor insulation, the lack of a vapor barrier, slow leaks, or condensation issues in the property. SERVPRO technicians can often identify the cause of mold through visual inspection in the property.
What experts are there in mold remediation?
- Qualified microbial remediation technicians
- Indoor air quality (IAQ) professionals
- Industrial hygienists
Is it necessary to use multiple experts during mold remediation?
The visual mold inspection of your local home is enough to allow remediation to begin. In severe cases, where there is evidence of broken down organic matter or widespread colonies, an industrial hygienist may be present to help inform the adjuster and technicians; this move is generally for commercial and municipal structures. It is common for SERVPRO technicians to deal with mold remediation from start to finish. AMRT applied microbial remediation technicians with accreditation from the IICRC mean something. If we can get the moisture out quickly then move onto cleaning away existing mold, it can often be enough to return a home to its pre loss condition. If mold represents an ongoing problem, it may be necessary to enlist an IAQ professional or Indoor Environmental Professional (IEP).
How do mold experts operate under insurance?
- The adjuster that confirms any work to carry out
- IEP or IAQ that informs the adjuster
- Technicians that can demo materials, clean or dry the property
Highly Trained Restoration Specialists
SERVPRO of E. Fullerton/Placentia invests heavily in each of our team members. We want to make sure our managers and technicians have the proper tools and training to be the best in the industry. Each of our production team members have IICRC certifications. This is critical to make sure that every job is done correctly and efficiently. In addition to industry training, we have a state of the art facility that offers ongoing and additional training for each team member. We do not cut any corners when it comes to being the best in the restoration industry in Orange County.
Employee Certification Training
The Employee Certification Training is a voluntary, self-paced program designed for SERVPRO Franchise employees. Certification is awarded after successful completion of course materials and an examination. Modules include:
- Crew Training
- Fire Restoration
- Water Restoration
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Initial Franchise Training
A 15-day hands-on course at the SERVPRO Corporate Training Facility is the foundation of the SERVPRO training program. This course is primarily for new Franchise owners and covers many restoration topics:
- Fire Restoration
- Water Restoration
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
- Mold Mitigation
All of our staff have access to web-based training. This voluntary program is designed to be an ongoing, self-paced coaching series for a Franchise's employees. Video presentations and support materials are followed by a knowledge test at the end of each module. This keeps our technicians and office staff up to speed on industry standards and the professional quality you expect.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Faster to Any Size Emergency
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency. An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO of E. Fullerton/Placentia arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Professional Preventive Cleaning Helps Fullerton and Placentia Businesses
Cleaning Is a First Line of Defense in Fullerton and Placentia
The fast-spreading nature of the virus has affected life and business as we know it. Many businesses have closed as the authorities control the spread of infection, which further elevates the importance of thorough cleaning in Fullerton and Placentia businesses.
Using a professional service provider like SERVPRO can help prevent infection spread at your Fullerton area commercial building or public space.
Do It Yourself Cleaning may be helpful, but … is it enough?
Regular cleaning of common surfaces and frequent touchpoints is an effective defense against virus infection.
Be sure to follow information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. They recommend the use of appropriate cleaning agents and proper methods of application. Also, be sure to practice social distancing, and be sure to wash your hands often. Most commercial businesses need the services of a professional.
How Do Professionals Like SERVPRO Help?
SERVPRO of E. Fullerton / Placentia has a highly trained crew experienced in working on bio-contaminated sites and projects. Our team performs anti-microbial cleaning for our clients. This current pandemic is a terrible interruption to our lives, but it is something with which SERVPRO equips its technicians. We have the most advanced and latest technology. We use EPA approved commercial-grade cleansers and treatments. We are able to provide a deep cleaning and a regular schedule of treatment to meet your needs and at the times of the day, you need us most. We have answers and solutions; let’s have a conversation to discuss how we can help you.
Involving professionals in your pandemic cleaning plans is one way to achieve your goals. Call the experienced team at SERVPRO of E. Fullerton / Placentia at (714) 525-0158 to assist you in your cleaning and disinfecting plans.
Advice from the medical and scientific community regarding how to deal with the coronavirus is based on present knowledge, which is subject to change as the situation continues to develop. There can be no assurance that disinfectants alone will be adequate to fully eliminate the virus. We are not physicians or infectious disease professionals. Consult your medical professionals for individual medical advice.
SERVPRO wants you to know that we are doing our part to help our Planet. That is why we want you to know about our Green Cleaning Products.
SERVPRO Industries, Inc. is a member of the EPA’s Design for Environment (EPA/DFE) initiative. As a member company, SERVPRO can access the listing known formally as CleanGredients. The EPA/DFE has established a set of criteria for formulating environmentally friendly cleaning products. With the assistance of larger chemical companies the EPA/DFE has put together a listing of safe cleaning components that can be used in Green cleaning formulations. From the listing a formulation can be derived that incorporates “green” chemistry. The initiative is designed to allow chemical formulators a resource to formulate environmentally friendly cleaning products using environmentally friendly raw materials.
So next time you see our Green Vehicles, you'll know we are doing our part to sustain our environment!
Vital Roles Played by Water Removal Professionals in E.Fullerton/Placentia
SERVPRO professionals with take care of all your worries when it comes to your water damage in E. Fullerton / Placenita.
Small water spills happen every day, and you probably take care of when with a mop and towels then leave the remaining wetness to dry on its own. If you have never dealt with a significant water spill, you might expect the process to be similar, only on a bigger scale. However, in practice, you might face several obstacles when you try to handle water removal on your own. Professionals like SERVPRO play different roles during the removal that ease the process.
Bringing the Right Tools
Spilled water can present a myriad of challenges. By having access to a broader range of tools for water removal professionals in Bourbonnais can deal with any challenge that might arise. Challenges might include the presence of large sediments in the pools that need an extraction, thus limiting the efficiency of conventional extraction tools. Water filtering into concealed areas can also hamper the removal process. Alternatively, the lack of power to operate the removal equipment can also be a principal hindrance. Our SERVPRO teams bring a wide range of equipment to address different challenges, including:
- Self-priming Trash Pumps
- Cavity Drying Equipment
- Portable generators
- Portable Heaters
Water removal happens in stages, with the first one dealing with surface water while the other stages deal with the water soaked into materials. Proper understanding of psychometrics is crucial when handling this latter stage to ensure proper manipulation of factors such as humidity, temperature, and air movements, which influence drying. Our SERVPRO technicians use equipment such as thermo-hygrometers to take humidity and temperature readings, thus establishing which factor might slow the drying process.
Preventing Microbial Growth
Microbes such as mold thrive in moist environments. Proper handling of the water removal process should help prevent their development, thus saving you from the laborious removal process. Our SERVPRO technicians spray EPA registered disinfectants and use cleaning agents with anti-microbial properties when cleaning the loss site. We also work fast to finish removal before mold starts growing.
SERVPRO of E. Fullerton / Placentia Content Cleaning and Pack Out
If your home or business suffers water, fire, smoke or mold damage, the cleanup and restoration experts at SERVPRO of E.Fullerton/Placentia are the premier choice for content restoration and pack-out.
There are scenarios that require business content removal and relocation for prompt and thorough cleaning and restoration. If a business suffers fire and smoke damage, for example, it is often easier, more secure and cost-efficient to take certain contents to another location for restoration work.
SERVPRO of E.Fullerton/Placentia provides complete pack-out services. We will carefully and respectfully take the contents of your home or business to be restored, packed, and delivered to an off-site facility. The pack-out process involves meticulous documentation to ensure your items receive the best possible care, including photo documentation, identification numbers and detailed lists.
- VHS and DVD media
- Electronics (televisions, computers, stereos, etc.)
- Retail Inventory
Meanwhile at a SERVPRO of E.Fullerton/Placentia, your items are stored in a secure, climate-controlled environment. They remain there until the cleaning and restoration process is complete.
Content Pack Back
After content cleaning and restoration, items are returned to your business using the same inventory procedures and documentation employed in the pack-out process. Your items are loaded, transported and delivered with great care and then reconciled with original pack-out inventories.
Content cleaning and restoration is offered at SERVPRO E. Fullerton/Placentia. The availability and scope of content cleaning and restoration varies by location, job, insurance provider (if applicable) and other factors.
Residential and Commercial Restoration Services
With over 1,700 Franchises nationwide, SERVPRO is a leader in the restoration industry and its professionals are faster to any size disaster. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are available 24 hours/7 days a week and are ready to restore or clean your property.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals
Have Questions? – We’re Here to Help® 1-877-460-9414
Whether you need emergency flood damage restoration or top-to-bottom home cleaning, you can trust SERVPRO Franchise Professionals to make your house feel like home again. They have the training, experience, and equipment to quickly get your home looking its best. Our residential services include the following:
Your commercial property’s appearance speaks volumes to your clients. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals have the training and expertise to help make it “Like it never even happened.” Our commercial services include the following: