Mold in a Hotel Guest Room
Mold can affect any property as long as the ideal conditions are met. Common mold locations include bathrooms and kitchens. If mold is present within a hotel it can put the well-being of guests and staff at risk. Anyone who is exposed to mold risks health issues, ranging from minor symptoms to more extreme conditions, depending on factors such as the individual, amount of exposure, and mold toxicity. Tips for mold problems:
- Test the property for mold. Having a professional mold test completed by a qualified industrial hygienist helps to determine the affected area(s) and mold toxicity level.
- Do not attempt to be a mold specialist. Avoid touching the mold without the proper safety equipment and disturbing the mold in general as it could result in mold spores spreading throughout more areas of the hotel.
- Upon receiving the test results, contact a SERVPRO of E. Fullerton/Placentia to ensure the mold is safely and completely removed.